- Connecting Westmead to Carlingford (Stage 1) and Sydney Olympic Park (Stage 2)
- 16 fully accessible stops
- 13 CAF low-floor Light Rail Vehicles
- Expected to serve up to 28,000 passengers a day by 2026
- Interchanges with existing rail, bus and ferry services
Parramatta Light Rail is an urban light rail transit project aimed at meeting the growing public transportation needs in the Greater Parramatta region. Stage 1 connects several key locations, including health precincts, the Western Sydney Stadium, the Parramatta Central Business District, theatres, museums and other cultural venues, as well as residential developments and university campuses. The system is currently under construction and is due to commence passenger services in 2023.
North Star provided the following services in two phases of the Parramatta Light Rail Stage 1 project:
- Procurement Phase (2018):
- Expertise in Light Rail Operations and Maintenance (O&M) and Rail Safety.
- Technical writing for the development of O&M management plans.
- Delivery Phase (2019 – 2020):
- Design, Construction, O&M, and Interface Management.
- Specialist O&M advice.
- O&M inputs into design, ensuring operability, maintainability and life cycle cost optimisation.
Development of management plans for the Delivery and Operations project phases.