We were engaged by London Tramlink to provide a Tram Operations Consultant to deliver their Performance Development Plan and recommend other operational enhancements during the course of the commission.
The scope included:
- deliver the performance development plan.
- design and write a Disruption Manual to assist in service recovery and customer information for operational and customer facing staff.
- design a supporting performance data analysis database tool to support attribution of delays aligned to the new Tram Management System.
- develop a forecasting tool for performance improvement.
- review current performance processes and introduce new performance management processes to drive a step change in performance management.
- develop a business case for a new reporting system of incidents and the creation of a new control log.
- review the current resourcing levels in the control centre and provide a business case for the introduction of a new role to lead information dissemination internally and to the customer.
Sharon Thompson, Director of London Tramlink, commented: “In December 2013, North Star Consultancy were appointed to provide specialist advice (Tram Operations Consultant) to review performance processes and approach, update all our performance initiatives, develop new strategies to drive performance improvement and introduce a total Customer Service Disruption Management plan.
We are delighted by the work of North Star. They not only provided support in our objectives of improving reliability and customer experience across the Tramlink network, but also offered best practice approaches to a number of other performance improvements initiatives we were undertaking.”