North Star is pleased to welcome Spencer Wyatt King, a bid management specialist and technical bid writer with 17 years’ experience across heavy and light rail, infrastructure construction and maintenance and buses. He has worked across Europe and the Middle East, delivering successful bids in roles that have included Writing Delivery Lead, Proposals Manager, Workstream Lead and Technical Writer. His expertise is rooted in the management and delivery of the written components of bids, from process and template design, through to document reviews and technical writing.
- Acting as Proposals Manager for High Speed 2 Operational Telecommunications and Command, Control & Signalling and Traffic Management Systems bids, managing the development of high-quality submissions in these technically complex competitions
- Technical writing for a consortium’s Dubai Metro and Tram operations and maintenance (O&M) bid. The written submission was the highest scoring of all bidders
- Technical writing and reviewing for a bidder’s Dubai Bus O&M tender at both main bid and best and final offer stages
- Leading the writing process at Abellio, responsible for the style, tone, development and delivery of pre- qualification questionnaires (PQQs) and 750 to 1,000-page written submissions, winning the Greater Anglia, ScotRail and West Midlands franchises
- Acting as Workstream Lead and Technical Writer on a variety of heavy rail bids and PQQs for Stagecoach, Virgin, FirstGroup, Govia and National Express.
Based in our London office, Spencer will be supporting North Star projects both in the UK and internationally.