In July 2019, North Star celebrated one year since officially launching in Australasia. In August 2018, North Star gathered with industry colleagues and peers to mark the launch of its third international office at the Sydney Opera House, with a warm welcome provided by the UK Department for International Trade Consul General and Deputy Trade Commissioner for Australia and New Zealand, Michael Ward.
Highlights from our first 12 months in the Asia Pacific region include:
- Providing operational readiness support to three light rail projects in differing phases of design, construction and testing;
- Being appointed to the client-side technical advisory panel for Canberra Metro Phase 2 and approved as technical advisors to ONRSR, the Australian Office for the National Rail Safety Regulator;
- Assisting customers with O&M advisory services across major rail projects in three Australian states;
- Becoming members of the Australasian Railway Association (ARA), attending a number of rail conferences and industry events and sponsoring the Workforce Diversity Award at the 2019 ARA Gala Awards Dinner in Sydney;
- Forging a number of strong alliances and partnerships with industry colleagues in the region.
Richard Brown, Managing Director of North Star Consultancy commented: “I am delighted to see our Australasian office establish such a strong presence since launching in Sydney one year ago. Our consultants are already involved in hugely exciting projects and it makes me very proud to see North Star’s presence so valued in what is certainly a very exciting period of growth and development for the Australasian Rail Industry”.