- GoA4 (fully automated) metro
- 2 lines – Red Line (67 km) and Green Line (22.5 km)
- 53 stations
The Dubai Metro was the first metro system in the Middle East and until 2016, the world’s longest automated metro. The system has expanded over the past 13 years, most recently to serve the Expo 2020 site in the south-west of the city.
North Star has been involved in the Dubai Metro since its launch in 2009, where we worked with the operator to ensure the readiness of the system for passenger service launch. Click here to read more.
In 2019, after 10 years of operation, Dubai’s transport authority re-tendered the operations and maintenance contract. Based on our knowledge of the system and bidding expertise, North Star was engaged by a prospective bidder in the development of their response. 10 North Star consultants were engaged in the project:
- A Senior Bid Advisor provided independent advice to the Bid Director and Steering Committee on the win strategy, target price analysis and executive summary
- Subject matter experts developed operating strategies and developed associated delivery plans
- A team of bid writers developed the delivery plan structure, worked with subject matter experts to write the delivery plans and quality-controlled all documentation for submission.
North Star’s input was instrumental in ensuring that the bidder’s technical submission scored the highest of all four bidders.