- 96 km network
- 22 million passenger journeys annually (pre-COVID)
- 3,300 services per week
- 40 stations across four lines
- 82 trains
Between 2020 and 2021, Auckland Transport held a competitive procurement process for a new rail franchise for the city’s passenger rail network. The new franchisee will have sole responsibility for the network, including train maintenance, station operations, safety and security.
The new, eight-year contract (worth NZD $1.2 billion) covers the $7 billion investment for the City Rail Link, electrification of the line between Papakura and Pukekohe, and the progressive purchase of new electric trains to eventually phase out the diesel fleet.
North Star provided the following services across two phases:
Procurement Phase (2020 – 2021):
- Submissions management
- Win theme and strategy development
- Maintenance and Health & Safety subject matter experts
Mobilisation Phase (2021 – 2022):
- O&M technical writing (franchise management plans)