James is a transport operations consultant and experienced technical writer of bid proposals and other documentation. Since joining North Star, he has led the establishment and certification of North Star’s Quality Management System to ISO 9001:2015. He is now project managing this on an ongoing basis. Additionally, he has supported customers in the UK, Middle East and Australia with bid writing, quality management, project management and other technical authoring and research assignments.
James’ most recent customer assignments include:
- Technical writer for John Holland’s bid for Canberra Light Rail Stage 2A D&C and O&M contract;
- Technical writer for RATP Dev-ALSTOM’s (Joint Venture) bid for the Dubai Metro and Tram O&M contract;
- Technical writing support to Torrens Connect for their successful Adelaide North South Bus and Tram bid;
- Producing a contractual compliance matrix for the O&M of the Tel Aviv Red Line LRT;
- Project managing Hitachi Rail STS’ and Ferrovie dello Stato Italiane’s (Joint Venture) successful Dubai Metro and Tram PQQ response; and
- Assisting KeolisAmey Metrolink with the preparation and supervision of emergency exercises on the Manchester Metrolink tram network.
James graduated from the University of Plymouth with a first-class degree in Geography. He focussed his final year studies on mobility and produced a first-class dissertation on the mobility experiences of people with Cerebral Palsy in Harborne, Birmingham. His dissertation will be published later this year in Mobilities journal. During his academic career, he received various awards that recognised his strong project management, writing and research skills, including achieving the best overall mark within the geography cohort in 2016 and being listed on the Faculty Honour Roll for first-class marks achieved during every successive year of his degree.